The best partnerships benefit both sides. That has been the case with Ray Phillips, board member and marathoner, and Andy Martin, Jr., Boston Children’s Hospital patient partner and also a marathoner. They have raised funds for the hospital for the last 16 years, starting when Andy was just 4 years old.
During that time, Ray and Andy have enjoyed friendship and support for each other’s goals. Last year, all of the Hanscom FCU family was cheering as Andy completed his first marathon as a participant.
Meet Team Hanscom
Now, a whole new chapter is opening for Team Hanscom. Ray has a new patient partner, a 2-year-old girl named Alice. Andy will once again race as a wheelchair participant. And, we have a new runner: Mike Rzeszutek, sales manager for Hanscom FCU. He has been paired with patient partner Timmy Stevens.
Over the years, we have raised more than a quarter of a million dollars, primarily through donations from members like you. We invite you to participate this year, for the first or 16th time.
You can donate at any branch, over the phone or securely online at www.hfcu.org/marathon. Your entire tax-deductible gift goes directly to Children’s Hospital, with nothing taken for administration.
Hanscom FCU is committed to the community it serves.
We support a number of causes through financial donation and volunteer service.
- Fundraising for the Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless
- Scholarship program for high school seniors
- Grants to organizations that serve our member base
- Support for veterans suffering the wounds of war
- Collections for the homeless, VA hospital patients and Toys for Tots
- Volunteer service at veterans’ organizations
- Financial education programs and sponsorship of JROTC programs
By serving the organizations that serve our members, we enhance the social and economic well-being of our community.