That vacation you planned last winter is almost here. Whether you’re hitting the road to visit family or taking the trip of a lifetime, you’ll need a plan for handling finances on the go.
Here are five tips to help you keep track of and watch your budget while traveling:
- Surcharge-free ATM withdrawals. As a Hanscom FCU member, you have access to over 100,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide. Find your closest with this ATM locator.
- Take advantage of your credit card benefits. Use your Hanscom FCU credit card and skip the expensive insurance coverage at the car rental office. With few exceptions, your regular vehicle insurance combined with your free auto coverage benefit will be enough to protect you.
- Pay as much in advance as possible. Tickets to attractions can be purchased online or from a travel company, often at a discount. Use your Hanscom FCU credit card to protect from fraud, budget your payments, and track how much you are spending.
- Track your spending. Use Text Access to monitor your account balance and view recent purchases with minimal fuss. Avoid accidental overdrafts and monitor your transaction history from anywhere. Be aware that your mobile carrier's message and data rates may apply.
- Balance your spending. Use your CASH + REWARDS World Mastercard® to earn cash back for next year's adventure.
Others are reading: