It's our responsibility at Hanscom FCU to keep your member information as safe as possible, and it's a responsibility I take seriously. Yes, I get that it can be frustrating to deal with the layers of security required to access your account information. You just want to jump on your computer to check your balance and not have to jump through hoops to do it! But rest assured, these so-called hoops are for protection of your identity and assets. Here are five important ways we keep your online access with us secure:
- Detect Safe Browsing: Detect Safe Browsing from Easy Solutions® is a free anti-fraud solution that provides you with extra protection from malware when you log into your Hanscom FCU accounts or visit our website. It's a program you install on your computer that gives criminals a knock-out punch when they try to phish, pharm, or keystroke log your important personal information. There are no separate passwords to remember or separate websites to log into: Detect Safe Browsing works quietly in the background when you're on our site, protecting you from the bad guys.
- Multifactor Authentication: We are mandated by federal regulation (and common sense) to require more than just a Login ID and Password to access your account information. To comply with this regulation, we require a Secure Access Code (SAC) to log in to your account. Once you’ve logged in on a computer, you can register your device. The registration places a secure cookie on your computer that eliminates the need for a Secure Access Code every time you log on to our site.
- Extended Validation Security Certificate: This technology, built into our Online Access, takes steps behind the scenes to secure your data and validate that the website you are visiting belongs to Hanscom FCU.
- Security Alerts: Anytime your password is changed, your contact information is modified, or your Login ID is updated, you will be notified by email. This security alert is mandatory. There are additional security alerts that you can set under Settings, Alert on online access menu. There you can set additional alerts by:
You also can set up a mobile phone number and be notified by SMS text message.
- Back End Monitoring: Finally, we monitor all logins and transactions to ensure the security of your accounts. We are continually enhancing our monitoring capabilities to ensure our members' data remains secure.
All of this activity goes on simultaneously every time you log in to Online Access to keep your personal information safe and sound. So, the next time you get frustrated when having to get a Secure Access Code, register a computer, or get email or text notifications, please remember that they serve a vital role in protecting your valuable identity and assets.
If you have questions about your online access security, please call us at 800-656-4328.