If you've had your eye on a new laptop or need to replace a washer/dryer, this may be a good weekend to drop some serious cash. Last week Massachusetts lawmakers passed an economic development bill that includes a tax-free holiday on the weekend of August 11-12, 2018...the first tax-free holiday since 2015!
This means you won't pay the 6.25 percent sales tax in Massachusetts this weekend for all retail goods. However, there are a number of exceptions, including single items over $2,500, meals, motor vehicles, motorboats, and tobacco products. You can find more details about how the tax-free weekend will work here.
Others are reading:
- 5 Ways an Online Money Manager Makes Life Easier
- We Have Answers to Your Money Management Questions
- Credit Union Membership Pays with Sprint
- Free Checking with Rewards? Say Hello to Kasasa
- 5 Steps to Save Money with Your Checking Account