You may not be aware of this, but if you're using your name or email addresses as login IDs for your financial accounts, you could be putting yourself at risk for fraud. That's because chances are good your name, email addresses, and other identifying information are out on the Dark Web, thanks to the numerous data breaches in past years. All a wily criminal has to do is mine this data for personally identifying information, then start hacking sites until they hit gold.
Don't make it easy for these scoundrels: make your login IDs unique and complex to baffle anyone other than yourself.
While we can't tell you how to change your login IDs with other institutions, here's how to change yours easily with Hanscom FCU:
1. Log into your Hanscom FCU Online Access HD or mobile access account using your current login ID and password.
2. Click on or select Settings in the left-hand menu, and then click on Security Preferences in the drop-down menu.
(If you're using your Hanscom FCU mobile app, you'll need to touch the Menu button to access the drop-down menu.)
3. Click on or select Change Login ID.
4. Type in a new login ID. Remember: make it unique and make it difficult for anyone other than yourself to figure out. Your new ID can be between 6 and 30 characters.
5. Click on or select Save New Login ID.
Changing your login ID will not change your existing password.
If you run into any challenges changing your login ID, reach out to our Remote Support team at 800-656-4328.
Cyber criminals are always looking for ways to get access to other people’s business. There’s a free tool that will stop them from getting into your Hanscom FCU account…Detect Safe Browsing (DSB) from Easy Solutions. Learn more here.
Others are reading: