Dear Member Owner,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued membership and loyalty to Hanscom Federal Credit Union. Our success as a financial institution is derived in no small part from you, our Member Owners, who guide our actions and give us focus.
It is my pleasure to report that Hanscom Federal Credit Union had a very successful year in 2016 and remains strong and vibrant. Our capital is well in excess of the requirements defined by the National Credit Union Administration. We have continued to grow and prosper through deepened relationships with existing members and I am happy to report that we welcomed over 5,000 new members giving us a total of over 70,000 members.
In 2016, we continued to enhance our products and services and devoted ongoing resources to further train our staff of dedicated professionals who are committed to serving your needs in a caring and responsive manner. Specifically, we were proud to:
- Begin construction of a new branch in the Treble Cove Plaza in Billerica, scheduled to open in early 2017.
- Welcome WH Nichols Federal Credit Union in Devens, Massachusetts into the Hanscom family. Their nearly 250 members now have access to an expanded array of products and services.
- Replace our credit and debit cards with state-of-the-art chip-enabled cards, providing you with an extra layer of security and increased worldwide acceptance.
- Add Apple Pay® capability to our debit and credit cards, allowing you to use your enabled iPhone®, Apple Watch®, or iPad® to make payments at participating retailers.
- Add Touch ID to provide you with a faster and more secure log in experience on your fingerprint reader enabled iOS device.
- Purchase a new Operations Center in Littleton, Massachusetts which in 2017 will house our information systems and back office operations as well as a new branch office.
- Receive first place recognition for both the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility and the Louise Herring Philosophy in Action Awards from the Massachusetts Cooperative Credit Union Association.
- Continue our commitment to community outreach by collecting 3,225 books for homeless children, sponsoring two runners in the Boston Marathon and raising over $45,200 to benefit Children’s Hospital Boston, and conducting a raffle and other activities which raised $20,000 to support the Massachusetts Coalition for Homeless Families.
- Maintain the support that the Hanscom FCU Charitable Foundation, Inc. provides to the Massachusetts General Hospital and the Red Sox Foundation Home Base program with a $100,000 donation.
You can continue to count on Hanscom Federal Credit Union to always serve our Member Owners’ best interests. We are proud of our reputation for serving the financial needs of our members and look forward to 2017 with much optimism and confidence in keeping with our founding principle of People Helping People.
On behalf of the Board of Directors and staff of Hanscom Federal Credit Union, I would like to wish you and your loved ones a healthy and prosperous New Year.