In the battle against online fraud, Hanscom FCU is introducing a powerful tool to protect you from sophisticated online criminal attacks. Detect Safe Browsing from Easy Solutions® is a free anti-fraud solution that provides extra protection from malware when you log in to your Hanscom FCU accounts or visit our web site.
When you log in to your account, you will see a special invitation to install Detect Safe Browsing right away. If you prefer, you can close the window and download another time. We will remind you again in 90 days.
Here’s how it works. You install the program on computers you use to access your Hanscom FCU accounts. It’s small and fast. That’s all you need to do. There are no passwords to remember and no web sites to log into. You’ll know Detect Safe Browsing is running by the small Security Shield icon in your task bar.
Should a criminal try to infect your system while you’re on our site or logged in to online access, Detect Safe Browsing quickly goes into action. You will get a notice of the infection and what processes have been blocked. You can then continue your Online Access session safely.
Specific types of malware Detect Safe Browsing will defeat include:
- Phishing – when a fraudster impersonates a trusted source in order to steal your username, password, and account information
- Pharming – redirecting you to a fake site where you are unwittingly exposed to fraud
- Keystroke logging – a program secretly dropped into your system that records keystrokes to steal passwords
I hope you already use antivirus software. Detect Safe Browsing is not a replacement for this vital protection. It is designed to defeat malware not detected and defined by your current security software. You are also protected whenever you’re on the Hanscom FCU web site. Should you encounter malware, Detect Safe Browsing will shut it down and prevent harm to other visitors as well.
Here’s how to take advantage of this anti-fraud protection:
- Click on the button below to download the installer.
- Once downloaded, run the installer and allow the software to be placed on your device.
- Verify DSB is running by looking for the small Security Shield icon on your taskbar.
We’ve made a short video with step by step instructions for installing Detect Safe Browsing. View it here: