Transferring money from an account at one financial institution to another used to be a headache, or at the very least, required a trip to the post office to mail a check, but today there are three easy ways to accomplish this task with Hanscom Federal Credit Union — no pain meds required. Here are three ways you can get your money where it needs to be:
1. External Transfer
- Log into Online Access and in the left sidebar, click the "Move Money" button. On the Move Money page, click the "Transfer Money" button at the top. This will open up a Funds Transfer page.
- Click on the "From Account" dropdown menu to select the account you want to transfer money from. Any external accounts you've already set up through Hanscom FCU will be listed here. Then click the "To Account" dropdown menu to select the account you wish to move money to. Again, any external accounts you've already set up through Hanscom FCU will be listed here. Next, enter the amount you wish to transfer, the frequency you want to transfer funds, the date you wish to make the transfer, and any details you want to remember about the transfer in the Memo field. Click "Transfer Funds."
- If you haven't already set up an external account, on the Move Money page, scroll to the bottom and click the "Add External Account" button. On the screen that follows, you'll be asked for your financial institution's routing number and your account number. Two test deposits will be sent to this account from Hanscom FCU within three business days; you will be asked to verify the two deposit amounts in order to verify you own the account. Once this process is complete, you will be able to transfer money to and from your external accounts.
Popmoney lets you send money to a person or charity. All you need is an email address! Here's how to do it through Online Access:
- Log into Online Access and in the left sidebar, click the "Move Money" button. On the Move Money page, click the "Send Money (Popmoney)" button under the Send Money header. This will open up your Online Bill Pay page.
- Click on the "Popmoney" tab at the top.
- Enter your payment information in the screen below, including an email address for the person or charity to whom you wish to transfer money, a dollar amount, the account you wish to use for the transfer, and when you want the transfer to occur. You can even set up repeating transfers!
- Click the "Continue" button.
- Verify your payment on the next screen and if all looks well, click "Send Payment." Need to make changes? Click the "Edit" button and repeat the step above before clicking "Send Payment."
3. Wire Transfer
There are some times in your life when you need to wire money domestically or overseas. We've got you covered!
Visit our Wire Transfer page on our website and click on the "Outgoing Wire Transfers" tab. Here, you'll get a list of the information you'll need to initiate a transfer. From here, click on the "Forms" tab and download either the Domestic Wire Transfer form (for U.S. financial institutions) or International Wire Transfer form (for foreign financial institutions). Bring the form to a local branch, mail it to our Operations Department at 25 Porter Road, Ste. 100, LIttleton, MA 01460-1434, or fax it to 978-952-8533. You can also call 800-656-4328 and ask to speak with a Remote Support specialist for assistance.
If you want a better understanding of how your money comes and goes, our Money Management Planner can help. This 12-page workbook will guide you through the process of creating a spending plan with tips and worksheets to help you. Download your free copy to get started today.
Others are reading: